analytics

Hope Deferred

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life." Proverbs 13:12

My heart is sick. My dear friends Pete and Katie have spent the last 7 months or so preparing to adopt a little boy from Rwanda. Walking through it so closely with them, I have become very attached to him as well. Daniel is his name. We think he is about 7 or 8 monts old. He lives in a very loving home where is cared for by the sweetest mommies and aunties. But, we want him to be here. Home. With his family - a dad, mom, and big sister who adore him already. Unfortunately our hopes have been deferred as the country of Rwanda has been rejecting adoption requests. I don't know or understand all of the logistical details, I just know that "their plan" (and mine) for when this all would happen doesn't seem to be coming through.

All we can do now is pray and wait. Call upon our faithful God who is trustworthy and good. I believe God has called them to this adoption and has placed Daniel in their hearts. I believe He will work it out for His glory. I believe His desire for Daniel is to have parents and a family who love him unconditionally and will teach him in the ways of the Lord. Lord, fulfill their longing!

Here's a picture of Daniel soon after he was born. This is the picture we all fell in love with! Pray for him to come home! http://www.calmministries.org/Calm/Our_kids.html#2

No comments: