analytics

Recent projects

In the last couple of months I've been in full craft mode. I thought I'd share some recent projects I've been working on.

Here's a floor mat in a brown, light blue, and light green paisley pattern. It reads "Give thanks to the LORD for he is good. His love endures forever" Psalms 136:1. This is a "splat mat" I made for my new little friend Sienna Rae. She's not big enough for a high chair yet, but someday soon it will protect her mommy's kitchen floor from spaghetti sauce and chewed on veggies. This isn't a great picture, but around the border it has little sayings like "mind your manners, drink your milk, yum yum", etc.. It's also monogramed with an "S" in one of the white polka dots.
Here's another floor mat. This one I made for my sister in a "quilt" pattern. She lives in Chicago so it's all things about the city.
I've been working on some other fun projects for Christmas presents but I'll wait to share them until after I gift them. Wouldn't want to spoil the surprise! I also just thought up a fun idea for my bedroom wall that is in desperate need of some decor. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Sarah Garner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Garner said...

Jane these are so cute! How do you make them? What is the main part- fabric or plastic? Adorable!

plainlyjane said...

Sarah,
Thanks so much! They are painted on 2x3 pieces of sheet vinyl (linoleum). I finish them with 3 coats of clear polyurethane so they are water resistant and easy to clean. The first one (blue and green paisley) doesn't have a home if you want it! :) I sell them for $45. Hope you're doing great!
Jane