analytics

friends

I cracked open my new REAL SIMPLE magazine this afternoon and found this on the "thoughts" page (one of my favorite parts of the whole magazine).

"What I expect from my male friends is that they are polite and clean. What I expect from my female friends is unconditional love, the ability to finish my sentences for me when I am sobbing, a complete and total willingness to pour their hearts out to me, and the ability to tell me why the meat thermometer isn't supposed to touch the bone." - Anna Quindlen, Living Out Loud

I am so thankful to have lots of female friends (and sisters) who are exactly like this. Over the last couple of weeks as I've walked through a tough time my friends have been there for me in all of these ways and more. So, thank you friends. And thank you to my male friends for being polite and clean (most of the time).

3 comments:

Kelley said...

yes I saw that same quote and LOVED it too!! it is sooo true!!

love you and still praying for you! come visit Dallas sometime- let's go shopping :)

Unknown said...

I love that quote, so cute. Such high expectations for male friends though!! Miss you. xoxo.

Sara said...

I read this same thing! I have been thinking of you a TON! I have been worried about you. You are such family to all of us. email me saraboney@gmail.com if you want to.