analytics

Strep Throat

So I feel like I'm eight again...home sick with strep throat. I left kamp on Monday night for my scheduled day off. When I woke up Tuesday I felt like I'd been hit by a bus. Not good. I had a fever, a headache, and my throat was killing me. Luckily I have nurses with meds at my disposal. My friend immediately brought over a couple doses of "the works" (IBU, sudafed, and vitamin C), a big bottle of gatorade, and a thermometer. I spent the whole day layed out on the couch drinking what felt like gallons of water and gatorade (ok and a diet coke or two in there somewhere). My director didn't want me to come back to kamp until my symptoms were cleared up and I'd been fever free for at least 24 hours. So, I spent a second night at home. I was hoping to wake up feeling more refreshed and ready to go. Nope. Worse. I felt like my throat was on fire and I couldn't swallow even a sip of water. So off to the doctor. She took one look in my throat and gave me antibiotics for a week and sent me back home. I would have to stay away from kamp until I had 24 hours of antibiotics in my system. So I tried to enjoy my forced 3rd day of rest. I watched an entire season of the West Wing, deep cleaned and disinfected my apartment, made some really cute cards (maybe I'll send you one in the mail!), bought a new book (Julie and Julia - saw the movie preview and thought I might give it a try), and took plenty of naps. I'm down to my last 10 minutes of quarantine so I better go. I've been anxious to get back to kamp but I think it's going to be a little bit of an adjustment. I kind of like my air conditioning and my own bed!

At kamp we are in our 2nd to last term of kids. Time is flying by! Before I know it we'll be saying good-bye. :( I promise to do a better job of taking pictures so you can see what's going on and so I'll have some to remember my summer! Hope you are doing great and avoiding the summer sickness. Love and miss you all.
jane

No comments: