analytics

Up North

There's a reason we call this place "up north" - it's cold! When I was packing to come to Michigan I checked the weather as usual and it said highs in the low 70's and sunny. Pretty typical...I know how to pack for that. I've been coming here for 26 years, I think I know what to expect for August in Frankfort. Wrong! Since Amy and I got here on Thursday night the sun has peeked out once or twice and the lake looks down right scary - black and full of white caps (or bottle caps as we call them in our family - thanks to Amy, circa age 10). Dad got here yesterday so we all went out for dinner. After dinner when we got in the car the temperature was 57 degrees! And it was raining. So we came home, put on our sweatpants, cuddled up under blankets and watched a movie. Now I don't want to sound like I'm complaining. I'm actually kind of enjoying it. The chilly air feels good and I'm happy to wear a sweatshirt instead of my t-shirts that I've been wearing for three months straight. While I type this I'm sitting at the kitchen table eating a big slice of pumpkin bread and drinking a mug of hot chai tea. Oohhh...dad just walked in with a bag of donuts - sticky bun for him and a glazed crescent for Amy and I (our favorite!). Oh my gosh this is good....wish you could taste it. :)

Well, I better get moving. And by moving I only mean to the next room to lay on the couch and read my book. I love being on vacation!

No comments: