analytics

Advent Basket ON HOLD

I know you have been anxiously awaiting day 12's gift but unfortunately you'll have to wait one more day. I didn't have a chance to go by my house today to open my gift. I should have brought it with me but I just plain forgot.

We had another fun day today. We started the day with the first round of tennis lessons. M. was very nervous about her group lesson. It was a little out of her comfort zone and she didn't know anyone in the class. I sat with her on the side of the court for a little while trying to make her feel comfortable but couldn't say anything to make her go out on the court. I left to check on the other kids and a few minutes later when I came back her instructor had gotten her to give it a try. She spent the rest of the class jumping right in and learning some new skills. When she came off the court she had a huge smile on her face. I was so proud!! She hugged me and said "thank you for helping me." Heart=melted!

We had lunch at Chick-Fil-A then went to see Princess and the Frog. I'll be honest, I am always skeptical of Disney movies now because none of them are as good as the ones when I was a kid. But this one was great! I wasn't a huge fan of all the "voo-doo magic" but that's ok. It was reminiscent of Cinderella and Lady and the Tramp I thought. No computer animation - yay! That's a real Disney movie.

Tonight is my last night here. Got the little kids tucked in already. The others are headed that way soon. Then I'm going to enjoy something hot to drink and maybe a little treat of some kind. Sunday School in the morning and then we are going to bake cookies before their parents come home. Yay for relaxing Sundays!

Tomorrow I'll be back with 2 advent basket presents. Yipee!

No comments: