analytics

Cheers - A Thanksgiving Post



This song, Here's to You by Brooke Fraser, has become one of my favorites over the past few weeks. The older I get the more I realize all that is really important to me are the relationships in my life. First my relationship with Christ and then with my family and friends. Over the last year, I've been through a lot. Made some great life-long memories, walked through some deep valleys, seen the reality of God's grace in a whole new way, moved to Iowa, and started a new job. Wow. That's a lot to pack in to one year!

So cheers - to the good, the bad and the ugly, because all of it makes me who I am.

Brooke says it so much better than I do:

Cheers to the furrows on our brow
To each hard-won victory
Cheers to the losses that grew us up
Killed our pride, and filled our cup

Cheers to the friendships well worn in
That time nor distance alter
Here’s to the sleepers we’ll see again
Find company in memoria

Open your mouth and sing out your song
Life is short as the day is long
I can’t leave you my body
But I’ll leave you a tune
This is my legacy
Cheers to you

Cheers to the passing of our youth
And the death of lust not one day
A toast to the lessons not yet learned
And to the trials that will teach them

Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Ashley Robbins said...

miss you today but so very thankful for you in my life! love you friend!