analytics

Wreaths

Hello!  So, I've been away from the blog for way too long.  I just haven't had time to do any fun projects in the past few weeks, but now I'm back in action.  The weather took a turn toward winter this weekend, so it's perfect for staying inside and crafting.  Today I made a couple of new yarn wreaths.  I love these so much more than the first one that I did in the fall.  The little rosette flowers are so much easier to make.  **Emily asked - To make the rosettes, just cut strips of felt and roll them into rosettes.  I found that if you cut the strips a little wavy as opposed to just a straight strip, it makes it look more like petals.  I used hot glue to hold them together and straight pins with decorative tips to stick them into the wreath. 

I took the old flowers off of my gray wreath and replaced them with these red flowers and a couple of green leaves.  Perfect for the Christmas season! 


I made this one to give to my parents.  Their front door is dark green so I thought the cream would look so great.


We have been needing a piece of furniture in our back hall for storage and someplace to set our purses and stuff.  A while back my parents found this old desk at an antique store in Michigan that someone had cut down to two feet high.  It was the perfect width for the space too, so they snatched it up and brought it home.  I painted it this gorgeous mustard-yellow.  I love the way it turned out!  Now I'm on the lookout for some great new knobs.  Those boring round knobs have got to go. 


Ok, my fingers are cold from being out from under the blanket for so long.  I'm going to put on another layer and cuddle up on the couch for some movie time.  Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

emily said...

Jane,
Are the rosettes juststripsof felt rolled? I can't tell from the picture....
Thanks!
Ej

Jill the Thrill said...

Can I get a shout out for my pink plaid rain boots?! Holla!!