analytics

Hello again

So, I've been off the blog for a while. And that's because I moved again! Long story short - I decided it was time to leave Des Moines and head off to my next adventure. I am very thankful for my time in Iowa and my experience working for Valley Church. It was a great year, but I felt like it was time for the next thing.

As I started praying through where I should go and what to do God started opening doors - and fast! In about two weeks time I was given the opportunity to come back to KKountry (Kanakuk Kamps) and decided to leave my job at the church. With the help of my very generous parents I packed up all of my belongings, and hit the road for Branson again! I am so thrilled to be back at KKountry. A little piece of my heart will always be here. I am spending 10 weeks taking care of the Sparks kiddos. Collin and Rachel Sparks are the directors here at KKountry (as well as my dear friends) and they have three precious kids; Ella, Braden, and Beckett. We have already been having a blast together.

We've done the slip-and-slide.




Watched movies when it's too hot outside.




Watered dad's flowers (Braden LOVES to water!).




Gone to kamp parties. Here Queen Ella and Braden the Dragon were ready to join the King and Queen at their faire.




Done some arts and crafts.




Picked blueberries at the local berry farm.




Oohed and aahed over how cute Beckett is.










Done boy things with Braden.




And girl things with Ella. P.S. Her beauty shop is open most days around 3 pm if you would like your nails painted. Chances are there will be sparkles involved. :)

There with Ella is Bridget, the other kidsitter. She is wonderful! I'm so glad there are two of us - I'm not sure I could do it alone!




And enjoyed one of the most amazing perks of being a kidsitter at kamp - Big Cedar. Kanakuk gives directors a few nights each summer at Big Cedar (the most incredible resort just about 20 minutes from Branson). Rachel and Collin generously allowed us to come enjoy the pool with them. It was like heaven.




So, that's where I'm at for now. I'm still deciding what I will do after the summer is over. I'll keep you posted.

I'm really missing my sewing machine and craft supplies while I'm here. I have some fun ideas for craft projects with the kids so I'll try to share those with you.

Be back soon, I promise! :)

1 comment:

Rachel Lundeen said...

Glad you're back! Hope you're enjoying the Kountryside.