analytics

9/11

I'll never forget where I was on this day 10 years ago.  I was a freshman in college at UNI.  I got up and went to my 8 o'clock class like usual.  There were rumors of some plane crash that happened in New York, but we went on with class as usual.  It wasn't until I got to my next class that word had finally spread about what happened.  Our professor dismissed us and I spent the rest of the day glued to the TV in my dorm with my roommate.  I'm praying for all of the families directly affected by this day and for our country as we continue to live with the after effects in so many ways.

I'll also never forget where I was on this day 3 years ago.  I was at Home Depot ordering window treatments when my dad called to give me the news.  September 11, 2008 my nephew Jackson Armando Santoro went to be with Jesus.  He lived for only 8 days.  I'm so thankful that I got to spend a few days with him during his short life. 

What a stud he was.


His twin brother Finn carries on his memory and reminds us what a miracle life is.
 

I'm encouraged by these scriptures today.  Our only hope rests in the person of Jesus Christ.  One day all will be made clear.

"For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." 1 Corinthians 13:12


"Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God." Psalm 42:11


"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoting sacrifice for our sins." 1 John 4:10

No comments: