analytics

Christmas in Georgia

I kicked off my Christmas traveling this weekend with a few days in Georgia visiting some dear friends.  I didn't take many pictures and now I'm regretting it, but pulling out the camera somehow gets forgotten on our trips together.  Must do better next time!

Of course my flight was delayed getting out of Des Moines.  I am cursed with bad luck at airports right now.  I made it to Atlanta only about an hour late and Katie picked me up.  I'm so thankful for our easy friendship.  It's one of those that you can go months without seeing each other and you just seem to pick up where you left off.  We grabbed some peppermint chocolate chip milkshakes for our drive home.  (They live out in the country about an hour from Atlanta.)  We talked and talked, crawled in to bed and talked some more.  Rylie is out of school for Christmas break, but 5 year olds don't really sleep in, you know?  So I was woken the next morning by a sweet little voice next to the bed.  I'd get up early any day for that!

We made and ate lots of Christmas goodies, watched movies by the fire, stayed up late, had my first trip to the Dwarf House (a sit down Chick-Fil-A), and just enjoyed being together.

It's a Newman family tradition to string candy cherries on the tree. 



Rylie made me a picture frame as a Christmas gift and we tried to take a picture together to put in it.  This is about how that went.

"Let's do a fun one"



"Ok, a different silly face this time"


"Hey, Nay Nay - take one of just me!"


"Rylie, do a sweet smile this time." "Ok...ha - tricked you!"


"OK, I promise I'll do a good smile this time"


"Really, I promise I'll do a smile this time"


So much for a "normal" picture, but I'd rather remember the silly faces anyway.

I didn't get one picture with Katie or any of Jarod and Laura and their kids, or of Katie's parents but we all spent lots of great time together.

Before I left Rylie and I had a little popcorn date Sunday afternoon.  She wanted to tell stories, so I tried to come up with some good ones.  Most of hers revolved around the different birthday parties she has had.  A mermaid party and one involving a scavenger hunt and buried treasure on the beach!  Before we said goodbye I asked her what we should plan for our next trip together.  She said, "it should be for my next birthday because I want you to be part of that story too!"  You've got it, girl!

Thank you all for a wonderful trip! xoxo

No comments: