analytics

vacay

does anyone else quote legally blonde in your head every time you say "vacay"?

"Girls, I'm going to Harvard."

"You mean like on vacay!" "ROADTRIP!"

Anyone, anyone?  Just me and probably my sister? Ok...moving on.

After kamp, I took a much needed week of vacation at my parents lake house in Northern Michigan.  It was such a relaxing week. 

Mom and I shopped till we dropped at Cherry Republic. Their dried cherries (among many other products) are a staple in our house.  I'm pretty sure I sampled everything in the store at least once, maybe twice. Do yourself a favor and order something from them.  Everything is good.  I promise.


Sleeping Bear Dunes was voted The Most Beautiful Place in America last week on Good Morning America.  Of course, we already knew this was true but it was fun to see our beloved Northern Michigan get the credit it is due! So we had to go see that beautiful view.

The beach in Glen Arbor.


A view of the dunes and Lake Michigan in the distance


Pictures can't even do it justice.


While I was there, the Nina and Pinta came in to Frankfort for a few days.  These ships are the most accurate replicas of the Nina and Pinta made by hand in Brazil.  Being the history loving family that we are we went on the tour.  It was honestly very interesting to learn about these amazing ships that Columbus sailed.  We could not believe how men sailed all the way across the ocean on those things!



The rest of the week I mostly laid on the beach, read my book, sat on the porch swing, and ate a lot of ice cream.  That's what vacation is for, right? My last day, we went to Crystal Mountain Resort.  My dad was having some of his employees up for a little retreat there, so mom and I made sure to take advantage of the amenities.  We were headed to the spa, but somehow I got talked into going on a trail hike first.  When I saw the Visitor Center at the entrance I knew this was going to be a classic Harrison learning experience.  We have a long standing family joke about visitor centers and amphitheaters - if there is one near us my mother will find it. 

My sisters will appreciate these pictures.


Lucky us! There is an amphitheater too!


After the hike, we went to the spa, put on plushy robes and got pedicures.  So all is forgiven. :)

Thanks Mom and Dad for a great week!

No comments: